In order to enable offline mode on your Minecraft server, you must disable online mode.
Before changing to offline mode:
Disabling online mode means that your server will no longer use Mojang's authentification for Minecraft accounts. This means that players using cracked Minecraft clients can join your server. Through using such clients, players can set their username to any username when joining your server.
*This can also cause issues when banning players, as a player can re-join under a different username if banned.
If you use Minecraft plugins or mods, any plugins or mods that save player data may experience player data resets when changing from online mode to offline mode.
To disable online mode on your server:
1. Log into your control panel.
2. Click on "Files" and then "Configuration".
3. Select the file "Server Settings".
4. Scroll down until you see "Online Mode" and change it to "Disabled".
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
6. Go back to your control panel and then press "Restart" to restart your server and load that change.
You have now successfully set your server to offline mode!
Experiencing issues setting your server to offline mode? Contact our support team and we would love to help you!